A slight deviation

Over the Easter break I made the decision to slightly alter the message of the show. It is now less about making the decision to break away from the relationships that were supposedly “holding me back” (which in hindsight, was not at all what I wanted to portray), but rather about my personal reluctance to part from them. Neither my family nor my boyfriend have ever told me that I couldn’t go chase my dreams, no matter how far they make take me, they have always been so supportive and understanding. The reality is, in fact, that I am my own worst enemy. It is my own unconscious desires that are grounding me. The wonderful relationships that I have with my family and boyfriend are what make it harder for me to want to go and explore. They are like my comfort blanket and there is a part of me that doesn’t want to leave them.

12400710_10207306784281171_5882061850784758246_n-3  22685_10205464567546904_5753813641212312452_n

Throughout Easter this solo show was constantly on my mind, and it made me think about what I want in life and how I need to go about and chase it. Ironically enough I actually answered the question that I was basing my whole performance on. I’ve decided that I am going to go or do whatever it takes to try and make it in the industry. This left me with a new outlook on my performance. This new outlook, along with the understanding that it was in fact my own unconscious desire not to leave, enabled me to alter the overall message of my performance. I am now focusing on the change and leap-of-faith that people have to go through to chase their dreams.

The structure of the show will remain exactly the same. I will still speak about each relationship, and make music from objects that reminds me of them. However each relationship will be cherished on stage, and presented as a wonderful thing, rather than having negative restraints and presenting them as a hindrance – which they never were.